Welcome

>> Sunday, November 8, 2009

Welcome to Kid Literacy!  Follow me on my journey to find books that engage, excite, and encourage children to explore.

As a kindergarten teacher I am always looking for new books to share with my students in Reading and Writing workshops.  I want books that challenge them, inspire them, and allow them to grow as readers.  This year I have chosen to select my texts based on weekly (sometimes bi-weekly) themes.  The themes relate to the seasons, developmental needs, and events.  My goal has been to find texts that relate to the theme, can be used for teach points, and most importantly will be interesting to my students. 

Aside from exploring books to share with my students, I just love to read.  Since I began teaching I have developed a much broader appreciation of child and young adult literature.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP